The Classic Royal Lap Dog
Cavalier King Charles Spaniel is a royal, people pleaser dog that loves to be around his owners. With his flowing fur and soft brown eyes, it is hard to resist his charm. Cavalier is friendly and affectionate. He loves nothing more than cuddling up with you. this breed is energetic, affectionate, intelligent, and has an endearing devotion. Hi, Welcome to the dog’s comfort blog. Today, we look at this regal Spaniel dog and are going to find the answer, “why should you own Cavalier King Charles spaniel?”. So, Let’s start
What is the history path of Cavalier King Charles spaniel?
One does not simply get the word ‘king’ in his name without some sort of fancy history. The Cavalier is the descendant of a small toy spaniel depicted in many 16th through 18th Century northern European paintings. A “Comfort dog,” this little dog was originally bred to warm laps in drafty castles and on chilly carriage rides. It had even written prescriptions for colds. They were given the royal title of the king cavalier as King Charles II was seldom seen without two or three Cavies at his heels. He even wrote a decree still in effect today
that the king cavalier is allowed in any public place, including the Houses of Parliament
Some unique historical facts about cavalier
- King Charles Spaniel and the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel aren’t the same breeds, but they are. After King Charles II passed away, the popularity of the breed began to fade, and other dogs like the pug came into the spotlight.
- Pugs were bred with King Charles spaniel. As a result, cavalier got a shorter snout and domed head. These features continue to live on in today’s King Charles spaniel.
- However, in the 1920s, American fancier Roswell Eldridge wanted to go retro. He dreamed of a King Charles that resembled those depicted with King Charles II. Eventually, a small group of breeders created a variation dubbed the Cavalier King Charles spaniel, differentiating him from his puggie counterpart and making reference to Charle’s nickname, “King Cavalier”.
- Although its history goes back centuries, the Cavalier as it exists today dates back only to the 1920s.
- The AKC first recognized the Cavalier breeding 1995. As of 2017, he ranks as the 19th most popular breed, according to AKC registration statistics. Not bad, buddy, not bad.
What are the characteristics of Cavalier King Charles spaniel?
Cavalier is among the largest breeds of the toy group. He’s still got a diminutive figure at 12-13 inches at the withers and weighing in at between 13 and 18 pounds. So,being the largest among the toys isn’t exactly saying he’s big. It has a life span of 12-15 years.
Cavies come in four different colors, and they all have unique names. The monikers are:
- Prince Charles spaniel for tri-color dogs
- King Charles spaniel which is black and tan
- Ruby king charles spaniel is mahogany
- Blenheims king Charles spaniel is chestnut and white
What kind of temperament Cavalier King Charles Spaniel has?
King Charles spaniel is easy to keep. He’s ideal as a family dog or as a companion for older people. King Charles Cavalier loves to cuddle. So, it got the tag of “the perfect lap dog“. Although these dogs have a proclivity for noisy greetings, He does need considerable grooming to keep him looking rightfully royal.
The king cavalier is known to be ultra-good when around children of all ages and if he has been well socialized as a puppy, he is generally very good around other pets. He is incredibly sweet-natured and known to be undemanding, and tolerant in all sorts of situations which is why he has been consistently one of the most popular choices as a family companion. So, if you’ve never owned a dog, he is said to be a great choice.
Training & health problems of Cavalier King Charles Spaniel dogs
Like most dogs, he needs plenty of mental stimulation and exercise or boredom will likely lead to misbehaving. Take it out for a minimum of an hour’s walk each day. which is just as good for you as it is for him. Above all, it keeps cavalier healthy. Cavalier King spaniel is generally healthy, but like all breeds, they’re prone to certain health problems Eg. Hip Dysplasia, Dry eye, luxating patellas etc.nearly 50% of Cavaliers will develop mitral valve disease (MVD) by the age of five, and nearly all will have it by age 10. Not all King Cavaliers will get any or all of these diseases, but it’s important to be aware of them if you’re considering this breed.
Are you looking for Cavalier king Charles spaniel puppies for Sale?
Unlike all normal breeds, the Cavalier is an uncommon dog breed. So this breed is more expensive and demands higher prices in the US and also in other regions. Cavalier King spaniel puppies price is around 1000$-4000$ and varies in other regions. This high demand and expensiveness makes cavalier a royal dog breed, but if you want to buy/own a cavalier king Charles spaniel puppy then you can refer to puppyspot Akc ,petsworld
So, this is the cavalier king Charles spaniel. Hope all doubts regarding this breed have been cleared and you get much more information about this breed. So you have decided to own this breed. Click on the above-given links to buy a cavalier puppy from trusted sources Please do subscribe to get the latest post notifications on your email and comment your queries or contact us. Follow us on instagram facebook pinterest And as always catch ya next time.